- APEC Climate Center
- 12, Centum 7-ro, Haeundae-gu Busan 48058 Korea. Tel : 82-51-745-3900 Fax : 82-51-745-3949
The APEC Climate Center conducts annual symposia, seminars, workshops and outreach programs throughout the year. These activities are designed to
- share latest knowledge and expertise on climate prediction, mainly focused on seasonal scale and its relevant applications;
- facilitate regional cooperation in developing climate prediction science and technology;
- develop effective mechanisms of sharing advanced climate information for the benefit of all APEC members;
- discuss policy options with the international community and APEC officials on issues related to managing climate variability and change.
- The APEC Climate Symposium (APCS) is an annual event held since 2001 as APCN(Asia Pacific Climate Network) Working Group Meeting and materialized as APEC Climate Symposium since 2005. The activity has developed to include relevant sessions and presentations in climate prediction and applications.
- APCC hosts seminars by visiting scientists from various institutions around the world. About 15 seminars are hosted throughout the year. The seminar topics and presenters are listed in the menu.
- Workshop and Forum
- APCC hosts various workshops and forums to enhance scientific and technological exchanges among scientists and engineers in the world. In addition, to be more responsive to the needs of the Asia-Pacific region, APCC strives to bring more issues on climate application for the use of climate information.
- Outreach programs
- APCC provides technical assistance through various training programs and scientist supporting programs. Participants are expected to bring the knowledge and technology back which will be applicable to their home organizations. APCC intensifies efforts to build the capacity of member economies in climate prediction, application and research through these activities.